Daily supervision of students
- Sophie Hecht (PhD): Growth and maturation of organs, epithelial tissue. Supervisors: Jean-Paul Vincent (Francis-Crick Institute, London) and Pierre Degond (Imperial College London).
- Marina Ferreira (PhD): Tumour growth by packing constraints. Packing problems in epithelial tissue. Supervisor: Pierre Degond (ICL).
- Rémi Desgranges (Master project, ENS Paris-Saclay).
- Linnéa Gyllingberg (visiting PhD student from Uppsala University).
- Thomas Tardiveau (BSc at Ecole Polytechnique, Paris): Opinion dynamics with symmetric and asymmetric interaction kernels. Macroscopic equations. Supervisor: Pierre Degond (ICL), 2016.
- Lifan Xuan (MSc Applied Mathematics at ICL): Modelling capillary formation under chemical signals. Supervisors: Pierre Degond and Benjamin Aymard (ICL), 2016.
Tutorials and classes
- Lecturing two hours of the MSc course ‘Applied functional analysis’, Imperial College London.
- Supervision of IB Mathematical Tripos ’Markov Chains’ approx. 13 students from King’s, Murray Edwards and Downing College, (2012-2013), approx. 10 students from Churchill and Pembroke College (2011-12).
- ‘Markov Chains through examples’ crash course for PhD students. Two hours lecture.
Preparation of material and guides
- Co-author of a short guide on ‘Good study habits’ for undergraduate students in the life sciences (in particular, mathematics).
- Preparation of a ‘Communication protocol’ to establish the communication methodology between PhD students, supervisors and mentors.
- Author of a ‘Guide to write a math report’ written to support master students.
This material can be found here.